Based in Cork, we offer Pre-Purchase Surveys, House Surveys, Structural Surveys, and Building Surveys to those who are purchasing a property.
A Pre-Purchase Survey is important to establish an accurate and independent view of the state of a property. It highlights issues that can affect the sale and any potential re-sale or re-mortgage down the line. It is the means of ensuring your house or building meets your expectations and that you can buy at a fair price and avoid the costs of rectification after.
A Pre-Purchase Survey is normally completed when a purchaser is ready to put a bid on a house or commercial property. A Snag List is more appropriate for those purchasing a new dwelling where the builder is present to complete snags. We can normally complete a Pre-Purchase Survey inspection within 1 to 5 days notice and have the report issued within 3 working days. The inside, outside and the attic spaces of the property are inspected.
The most important function of a Pre-Purchase Survey is to notify the potential purchaser of any structural movement, damp, or presence of timber defects that may exist. Some of the other items that can be included are (where applicable and accessible):
- septic tank & percolation area location
- water supply, location, control
- roof structure, flashings, gutters, downpipes
- smoke detectors
- water cisterns/pipes condition & insulation
- electrical installation
- energy efficiency and improvements/upgrades
- fire escape and child-lock windows
- radon extraction
- heating controls, timers and running costs
- boiler rated efficiency where available
- ventilation, mould and smoke escape
- security and alarms
- attic conversions present
- garage and sheds
- fire risk from adjacent garage
- walls, floors, ceilings, stairs, doors, windows
The advantages of employing a professional to complete your Pre-Purchase Survey are that you have someone working for you who is:
- trained in construction and building defects
- an experienced housing inspector
- knowledgeable in relevant Building Regulations
- experienced in Planning Permission compliance
- able to prioritise faults
- Insured as required by mortgage lenders
A Pre-Purchase Survey pays for itself
When a pre-purchase survey finds issues at a property, the vendor may offer to either rectify these issues at their expense, or discount the asking price, or both. Such items may include the vendor applying for Planning Permission to retain unauthorised construction, fixing heating systems, fixing blocked sewers, etc.
Contact us as below for a Pre-Purchase Survey quote
Are you buying a lemon?
Chartered Member of
- House buyers
- House Purchase
- House buying
Return to Homepage
Churchtown Park, Midleton,
m: 087 9746382
info [at] leahyassoc.com